Roman RoadDaily Thoughts
1 Peter 3:15 “But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect”
Here is a little technique that we all learnt on the LFM Academy which allows you to explain the gospel to people from relevant scriptures. It is called the ‘Roman Road’ and basically allows you to take unbelievers on a’ road’ through 7 verses from the book of Romans explaining the gospel. What’s really cool about this, is that you only need to remember the first verse! The verses follow in succession, and so by writing the reference to the 2nd verse next to the 1st and so on and so forth, you know where to turn.
The verses are:
- Romans 3:10 “As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one”
- Romans 3:23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
- Romans 5:12 “Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned”
- Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us”
- Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord”
- Romans 10:13 “…Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved”
- Romans 10:9 “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved”
So by writing the reference to the next verse to the current verse, you can easily take unbelievers through a quick journey of scripture.